27 January 2009

48 Questions Meme

Because I can't pass up a pointless meme.

48 Questions (from Kona:

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My father, Richard. It was a stretch.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
When Leia went back to falling asleep in my arms again. She didn't for a month or more.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I avoid it as much as possible.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Liver of some kind.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Twin girls, almost 8 months old.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Of course. I'm too cool for words.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Yes.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. Not interested. What are the safety statistics, anyway?

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Muesli.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
None of my shoes have ties.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Vanilla.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Hair.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Procrastination.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My wife. There's not much time to spend together these days.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Nah. Its a waste of time.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
White socks (no shoes) and gray pants.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Colin Walcott, Jack DeJohnette, JOhn Abercrombie in "Prancing" on the album "Cloud Dance". Its Indo-Bop.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Orange.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Bread with good yeasts baking, reducing cream and cognac with mushrooms, really well made sushi rice.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
The manager of my Seattle team.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Seems cool. Never met. Would love to share a volcano with him if the opportunity ever arose.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Turn off the TV and participate.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Depends on the month. Naturally brown-gray.

28. EYE COLOR?
Blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
I first said "my own." While I like to brag about my cooking, the food really is better in Barcelona.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Like Kona, thought-provoking endings. 2001 Space Odyssey comes to mind.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Baby Mozart.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Gray. Its a drab winter day.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Kisses.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
My bladder.

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
911

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Plato's "Dialogues".

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
No pad.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Nothing.

42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
Groovy bass.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
In an absolutely objective sense, probably somewhere in the air over Bangladesh.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
It seems that way; but, I'm not sure what it is.

46 WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Dearborn, MI.

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Anyone who bothers.

48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
She used the printer outside my office.

Update: It seems that wasn't 48 questions. Here's three more from Toast:
12. DO YOU BELIEVE IN EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL INTELLIGENT LIFE?
Yes. The odds are in favor of it.

20. HOW OFTEN DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR DREAMS?
I don't sleep enough to remember my dreams. At this time in my life, I barely sleep.

36. HOW MANY MORE YEARS DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE ON THIS EARTH?
Either 5 and I die from a heart attack from work pressure - or - 75 and I slip into a cannabis-tainted dream and pass away at the ripe old age of 115.

4 comments:

FriĆ°vin said...

So far, from all the spinoffs I've seen, it's Beatles 100%. No wonder we all get along.

Unknown said...

I love the Stones; but, its no match against the Beatles.

Tracy said...

No, there's one weirdo who put the Stones. I can't recall now who it was...

But here's mine and I did, indeed, pick the Beatles.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm getting hooked to memes.. these are so fun to do..
I remember this one used to be sent via mail fwds..
So, now i'll go and do mine... :P