27 May 2009

Jury Duty Today

Or rather, jury selection duty. I know already that I have a hardship case the judge would accept. The trial will be in session on the girls' first birthday and the judge has accepted a similar hardship excuse already. However, I have to wait my turn and they're going in alphabetical order. They expect to get to the Ws sometime late in the afternoon. So I just have to sit there and wait all day - with no internet access.

Update: I got out of jury duty, but not for the reason described above. It was a close call; but, I'm free. I actually wouldn't have minded too much. This was a short criminal case (credit card fraud) and its good timing for work. Missing the girls' birthday, though, was a really bad aspect and would have had me fuming at court that day.

No comments: