07 January 2010

Easing My Way Back In

I've been out of touch for a while. I've been dragged into the undertow at work.

There hasn't been any posts here in a while. Happy New Year all. Here's an easy meme to get started in the new year. h/t Soan.

1. Where is your cell phone: Charging.

2. Your hair: was just styled today, thank you. Hirono and I pampered ourselves with a hair appointment today. I'm short and much more blond.

3. Your mother: knows how to have fun.

4. Your father: is Papa.

5. Your favorite food: Greens fried in salt pork.

6. Your dream last night: was promptly forgotten. I'm exhausted.

7. Your favorite drink: Rioja

8. Your dream/goal: is that both Alisa and Leia graduate from college.

9. What room are you in: Office at home.

10. Your hobby: is geeky. I'm about to dip my toe back into the FRPG subculture. I'm really a Dungeons and Dragons geek in my very soul. Dylan and Josh, my nephews, are interested in trying it out. I immediately went into high gear prepping and came out with a fantastic campaign in mind that will work for little kids. After a couple of sessions, if they like it, I've lined up another friend who loves to play and wants to slowly bring his daughter into the fun. I'm so stoked.

11. Your fear: Just like Soan, horror movies. Especially any graphic finger injuries. I've broken a bunch of fingers on each hand and know the pain.

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: Kyoto on vacation

13. Where were you last night: In this office doing work.

14. Something you aren’t: coldhearted

15. Muffins: bleh. Give me a ham and cheese croissant, please.

16. Wish list item: Find a new job without having to go through the interview process.

17. Where did you grow up: Dover, Florida

18. Last thing you did: pack an empty diaper box full of books

19. What are you wearing: Helvetica T-Shirt. The font on the T-Shirt is, of course, Helvetica.

20. Your TV: Off

21. Your pets: None

22. Your friends: are missed.

23. Your life: tiring physically and emotionally.

24. Your mood: heartache

25. Missing someone: Hirono

26. Vehicle: is Hirono's. I got rid of my motorcycle when she was pregnant with the twins. So all we have left is her old Golf.

27. Something you’re not wearing: shoes and socks

28. Your favorite store: Farmer's Market. We have a good one here.

29. Your favorite color (s): Orange, no yellow.

30. When was the last time you laughed: Every minute with the girls.

31. Last time you cried: today, walking out of the office building

32. Your best friend:Hirono

33. One place that I go over and over: Peet's

34. One person who emails me regularly: a ton of folks at work

35. Favorite place to eat: Kiosk Universal, a kiosk in an open market in Barcelona. Fantastic food.

IMG_3225Kiosk Universal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to copy your wish list item and add into mine.
I dread interviews :)

Tracy said...

There you are! I'm going to do your meme to get prepped for the big one Joe did...

1. Where is your cell phone: turned off in my purse as it was making the irritating "low battery" noise

2. Your hair: long and pretty straight today - it's day 2 after a poo

3. Your mother: is, I think, happier than she's ever been

4. Your father: is the same as he's always been

5. Your favorite food: steak or crustaceans

6. Your dream last night: remembered it when I awoke, but can't now

7. Your favorite drink: house red in a liter bottle in the Tuscan region of Italy

8. Your dream/goal: to find my calling, or at very least find a career that makes me really happy and hopefully pays well

9. What room are you in: office at home

10. Your hobby: I don't think I have one - I do yoga, I read, I enjoy my computer time - I think of these things as just being life

11. Your fear: being constricted/unable to breathe

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: wintering in Key West

13. Where were you last night: at home

14. Something you aren’t: ambitious

15. Muffins: blueberry and not the kind with the sugar on top - blech

16. Wish list item: win a lottery so I can retire

17. Where did you grow up: Springfield, MA

18. Last thing you did: pick up Japanese takeout after yoga

19. What are you wearing: yoga gear under warm pants and top, Ugg-like booties

20. Your TV: awaiting our arrival downstairs after BBT

21. Your pets: four beautiful parakeet daughters - Stoney, Ozzie, Abbe and Monet

22. Your friends: old and far

23. Your life: wonderful

24. Your mood: very mellow

25. Missing someone: Juanita (her birthday is Saturday)

26. Vehicle: Prius

27. Something you’re not wearing: a bra

28. Your favorite store: Sur La Table

29. Your favorite color (s): peacock blue

30. When was the last time you laughed: at yoga - we had the funny teacher tonight

31. Last time you cried: probably from a movie

32. Your best friend: Joe

33. One place that I go over and over: Joe's Mom's

34. One person who emails me regularly: Joe

35. Favorite place to eat: Italy

Tracy said...

Oh, and that fish looks incredible!

Unknown said...

It was incredible, as were all the other dishes at this fabulous place. And dirt cheap. Of course, there was no wait staff so the service was different than a normal restaurant.

Barcelona really is the place to go for food in Europe.